Challenges in Your Marriage or Relationship?
Our relationships are often the most important things in our lives. When our relationships are going well, they bring us the joy and comfort of feeling connected to someone else on a deep level. But when you're going through a difficult time, relationships can cause a great deal of distress.
When there are problems in a relationship or marriage, it's easy to end up feeling stuck in the same negative interactions with your partner, not getting anywhere, and not knowing what else to try. If you're going through a rough patch in your relationship or marriage and are not sure what to do, couples counselling and marriage therapy can help.
Some of the most common reasons people come to couples counselling or marriage therapy include:
- Breakdowns in communication.
- Feeling out of sync with your partner and like you're not connecting anymore.
- A loss of affection, intimacy or sexual attraction, or feeling like the excitement is gone from your relationship.
- Feeling judged, misunderstood, rejected, lonely or abandoned by your partner.
- Feeling attacked or blamed and like you don't know what your partner wants from you or how to give them what they need.
- Getting over an affair or infidelity.
If you're experiencing any of these problems in your relationship or marriage, couples counselling and marriage therapy can help you resolve your issues and move forward to start building a stronger, healthier relationship.
How Couples Counselling &
Marriage Therapy Can Help
There are a number of ways couples counselling and marriage therapy can help you get your relationship back on track.
- Couples counselling and marriage therapy improves communication, allowing you to express your feelings and needs to your partner more effectively, and listen to your partner in ways that help you understand what they want.
- Couples counselling and marriage therapy helps you develop strategies to resolve conflicts before they escalate, and to approach ongoing issues in new ways that can lead to resolutions.
- Couples counselling and marriage therapy helps you reconnect with each other, get to know each other on a deeper and more intimate level, and learn to share in each others dreams.
- Couples counselling and marriage therapy can help you put the affection, excitement and passion back into your relationship.
- Couples counselling and marriage therapy can help you rebuild your relationship after a period of stress or conflict, and to get past an affair or infidelity.
You can read more about relationship issues and strategies to deal with them on my blog. I also provide individual counselling and therapy for relationships for issues you want to work on on your own, or if your partner isn't ready to join you in couples counselling or marriage therapy.